Irish Iphone travel app “My Craggy Island” is free of charge this weekend
Craggy Island may be a rugged granite island, off the coast of south-eastern Australia but it is also the TV home of our three favourite priests. While most of the interior shots were filmed in a studio in England, most of the exterior shots were filmed around Ireland and particularly in the beautiful Clare region of Ireland.
My Craggy Island wants to be your personal gps tourguide as you embark on an adventure to discover these locations with our offline map. Visit the lonely wreck of the plassey ship on Inisheer, have a pint and soak up the atmosphere in Vaughan’s pub and of course make the pilgrimage to the remote parochial house.
My Craggy Island also includes a fun geogaming platform-by visiting Craggy Island locations, you will unlock special achievements in the digital world. After unlocking an achievement, you can then share this (and compete) with your friends on Facebook.
* Complete offline map of Ireland-so no expensive roaming charges
* Currently 11 locations to discover on Craggy Island, with directions
* Achievements:Visit locations to unlock various achievements such as a holy stone
* Facebook connectivity-share achievements with friends (requires internet connectivity)
* Personalised trips
* Real time weather tool of the clare region (requires internet connectivity)