A never-ending conversation I have with other start-ups is how get their name visible, build profile and eventually get covered by one of the main Tech News sites.
One way of kicking that off is to make sure your company is profiled on CrunchBase. We’ve recently started using the plug-in here on Web2Ireland to give extra context to stories. And ye know what? The TechCrunch guys love that we are.
It really is gratifying to know that the efforts made by the start-up community in Ireland are recognised by the guys in Silicon Valley.Â So what you waiting for, sign up now!
John Collins has an excellent piece on the Technology funding landscape in today’s Irish Times.
Still don’t know where all the Irish VC monies goes to – please help us by updating your company profile on Crunchbase.
The Irish Times also has an article on Business Expansion Schemes – and gives a mention to Loudervoice – we should see quite a few Irish technology companies availing of BES schemes this year.
Related to funding matter – Saul Klein presented at web2europe this week – an excellent presentation which you should check out.
Based on numerous requests for information on Web2Ireland companies [in a structured format] – we’re going to add support for Crunchbase on web2ireland.org
To get this done we need
1. Companies to submit information to Crunchbase
2. make sure you enter in location details
3. tag as web2ireland
4. update all sections – including funding – and references to likes of EI
5. leave a comment on this blog post – when you’ve got it all completed
On Web2Ireland we will
1. add live data to replace http://www.web2ireland.org/companies/
2. use Crunchbase widget in our blog posts