Free Tickets to Web2Expo Berlin
The very kind people at CMP and O’Reilly have offered some free tickets for Irish bloggers to attend Web2Expo in Berlin from November 5th to 8th. Each of these tickets is worth â‚¬1100 so this is a big deal. We have OKed it with them to make the first two tickets available here as a pair.
Of course we’re not going to make it easy for you, so you have to do a little bit of work. Rather than just putting all the names in a hat and randomly picking one, we are going to have a little competition.
This is the deal; the Irish (or Ireland-based) blogger who makes the best suggestion for an original Web Application with an Irish focus will win the tickets. A few simple rules would make sense:
- “An Irish Facebook” is not a good enough suggestion
- The suggestion should be a paragraph of text with “what” and “why”
- You MUST seriously intend going. Wasting these tickets would be criminal
- You can give the second ticket away but offer it back if you can’t find a taker
- “Best” is entirely at the discretion of the judges
- It would be nice (but is not compulsory) to blog about this competition
- It would be nice (but is not compulsory) to blog about Web2Expo if you win
- The winning suggestion will be blogged here along with the winner’s name
- “Blogger” includes company bloggers, not just personal blogs
- The closing date for suggestions is Sunday October 7th
- The winner will be announced by Tuesday October 9th
- E-mail your suggestions (or questions) to Web2Ireland Editor
For those of you who don’t win, we will be publishing a discount code shortly which will reduce the price of a standard ticket.